Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role working on the leading edge of mobile GPU technology? Are you looking to use your technical skills to help drive your career? You will join an Agile Software development team working on the drivers for the next generation Mali??? mobile GPUs. You will work with yet-to-be-published Android versions and will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
You will be based in Cambridge (UK) and work on the lower layer of the Mali graphics driver stack. We focus on performance-critical user and kernel space components that interface with the GPU hardware and firmware, including scheduling and memory management for Linux and Android OS.
If you would like to utilise your technical capabilities to drive existing and future parts of our Mali GPU to execute content as efficiently as possible, this is the opportunity for you. What you will be involved with:
You will be working closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across ARM's European design centres to develop device drivers for the current and the next generation of ARM Mali GPUs.
You will provide the foundations that will make the Mali implementation of Vulkan, OpenGL and OpenCL simply the best in the market. Day to day activities include:
- Participating in all phases of software development - including design, implementation, testing, code review and documentation.
- Implementing new features for user space components
- Working closely with other software teams interface driver components.
- Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and other quality assurance activities.
- Development on local platforms (FPGA, silicon, GPU model) and remotely on a test farm, on both stable and under development OS configurations.
This is an amazing opportunity to influence products and technology that millions of people will use around the globe years ahead of the product release. Education & Qualifications:
Skills & Experience required:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (computer science or electronics engineering).
- Demonstrable expertise in C programming.
- Experience developing Linux kernel components and/or device drivers.
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
About the Media Engineering Group:
- Experience with ARM embedded systems
- Familiar with Android system software development and debugging
- Interest in graphics and compute APIs - Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
The Media Engineering Group produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, ISP, Display and Video IP and our Mali??? Graphics Processor is the world's #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for existing and new markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
At Media Engineering you will work with the world's best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP and alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in as part of the Media team:
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture: Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
We, Not I
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Collaboration first, egos last.
Be your Brilliant Self
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don't discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.