Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Software development in Java
- Working with team members to design, implement, test and integrate Java components into a larger system
- Progression of assigned stories and tasks in a product backlog as part of an Agile team
- Software Integration, test, defect analysis and resolution
- Periodic verbal reporting of progress and contributing to sprint planning
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Experienced in Java development
- Knowledgeable in implementing Graphical User Interfaces
- Experience in designing software in a team environment with some experience of UML design
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Some knowledge of DevOps technologies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of C++ development would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Python, signal processing or machine learning algorithms would be an advantage
- Good degree in a STEM subject with some experience of software development either as part of post graduate work or industrial experience.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff would be an advantage
For full information, please get in touch