Senior Supervisor (Military Airworthiness Reviewer)
Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services
Yeovil, BA22 8HT
Full time, permanent, flexible working offered
40 hour contract or 38 hour contract offered for post
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Senior Supervisor Military Airworthiness Reviewer (MAR) to join our team based at RNAS Yeoviltion. This role is responsible for carrying out Military Airworthiness Review for aircraft held under the charge of RNAS Yeovilton Delivery Duty Holder as directed by the Mil AR Team Leader in accordance with extant policy. The Senior Supervisor (MAR) will form part of the Commando Helicopter Force based at RNAS Yeovilton, with the capacity to support at other military establishments as required.
- Leading independent ARs and compiling ARs report findings.
- Consulting with the MAR T/L, raising Defence Aviation Safety Occurrence reports (DASORs), AR process reviews, Quality Occurrence reports (QORs), Narrative Fault Findings (MF760) and Unsatisfactory Feature Reports (MF765) should any airworthiness issues be identified during AR activity.
- To provide SQEP AR continuity within the department and mentor less-experienced Authority AR staff/new joiners.
- To review AR findings to support the Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO) and Technical Data Exploration (TDE) and trending.
- To prepare AR trends and TDE reports for Continuous Airworthiness Management Meetings (CAMMs), Data Exploitation and Trending Working Group (DETWG), Air Safety Board for ach platform and as directed by the MAR T/L.
- Where required by Customer Regulations and Procedures employees are authorised to carry out contracted tasks.
- All contracted tasks are carried out in accordance with current Customer Policy and Regulations and other applicable statutory Regulations.
- Contracted tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- The Serco AESAS Site Manager is made aware of all business risks.
- All verbal and written customer complaints and Quality issues are brought to the attention of their Serco Site Manager.
- The Serco AESAS Site Manager is informed when regulatory, continuation, induction, human factors, promotion, on-job and new equipment training is required for employees.
- All employees under their control comply with:
- The Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) Act 1974.
- The Serco Management System.
- Where applicable Customer Policy and Regulations applicable to their grade and position.
- Company and Customer Environmental procedures.
- Company Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Other tasks within their capability are carried out as directed by the Serco AESAS Site Manager.
- Administration tasks are carried out as required by the Serco AESAS Site Manager.
- Further training courses necessary to their job are attended as required by their Serco AESAS Site Manager.
- Ensuring best practice and assurance of regulatory compliance by the utilisation of DASOR, Assure and any other reporting medium to capture and communicate findings and actions from engineering, safety and near miss events.
- Monitoring hazards and ensuring risks, and issues are identified and quantified
- They participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives and associated programmes when required.
- To remain flexible and carry out any other tasks within their capabilities and experience in support of the Contract as directed by the AESAS Site lead or their representative
What you'll need to do the role:
- Must have 5 years' experience in military/industry airworthiness environment equivalent to holding the rate of Senior Supervisor or above.
- Must be deemed as Suitably, Qualified and Experienced to hold authorised Level E in accordance with Brd767, NAO Series 4000, in particular 4806 and 4972.
- Attained a Service Certificate of Competency (CoC) or equivalent or be able to hold a CoC.
- Previous supervisory experience and a thorough and good working knowledge of the following:
- Aircraft Engineering and Aircraft Systems (by Trade).
- Aircraft Servicing and Support Equipment.
- Project Planning and Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound - Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
- Engineering and Asset Management Systems.
- Completed a Maintenance Human Factors Course.
- Completed and hold certification for GoldEsp at a Senior Supervisor level or above
- Completed or can complete Aircraft Custodian Course
- Completed or can complete Baines Simmons Continuous Airworthiness Management Training Course
- Have a thorough understanding of rotary wing/fixed wing military (aviation) procedures.
- An understanding and proven experience of Airworthiness Engineering Safety and Compliance iaw Regulatory and Legislative requirements (MAA and MAOS).
- Excellent leadership and people management experience
- An excellent capability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining operational outputs
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries with annual reviews
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, free flu vaccines and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.