Important: Due to the nature of the role, all candidates will need to be prepared to undertake DV clearance and therefore as a minimum be living in the UK 10 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
- Want to Join a business who's capabilities address the highest classification levels of High Grade and Type 1 National Security, across a growing and thriving sector?
- A reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Brand new site for 2023! Onsite Café, Free parking, Table Tennis and more!
- Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
The Project/Systems Engineering function in provides expertise to all projects through the bid and full development lifecycle. It ensures that both project and statutory requirements are met and works to improve the effectiveness of the systems design function within the company. It is responsible for the system architecture and integration of the solution. It is responsible for design for cost and design for manufacture.
A professional at this grade possesses knowledge for specific fields and performs structured work assignments. Uses established procedures to solve problems by making judgments and gets work done with quality under moderate supervision. Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures.
A professional at this grade applies technical / professional knowledge to one or more projects simultaneously, with opportunities for technical leadership on a project within the UK Operational Business Unit, which delivers multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
- Develop technical solutions to large and complex engineering problems, following Systems Engineering processes, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts, as required, across the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Systems Engineering artefacts for one or more projects to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across one or more projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and implementation are selected.
- Work closely with the system, hardware and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Plan, co-ordinate and present at internal and external design reviews, to senior management and customers, to ensure a successful event.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Estimate time and effort required for systems activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Reviews and signs off significant technical documents; frequently chairs technical reviews for significant deliverables.
- Explain technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual to ensure compliance with Government regulations.
- Subject Matter Expertise, and recognised as the company expert, in a specific subject matter, such as a specific product type or technical area.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or have suitable industry experience.
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Engineering, the V-Model and associated processes/lifecycles.
- Significant experience of developing high quality requirements and establishing a fully compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
- Experience working as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and developing new areas of expertise as and when required.
- Substantial knowledge of System Engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, UML, SEBoK, Enterprise Architect and SysML.
- Experience of hands-on development of either hardware, software or firmware development, particularly in an embedded environment.
- Technical management experience of a team of systems engineers
For full information, please get in touch!