Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco gains scale, expertise and diversification by operating across the sectors of: Transport, Aviation, Defence and Citizen Services. The company leverages the latest technology to deliver world-class public services.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to be based in Dubai Support Office, who will report directly to the Talent Acquisition Manager of the Sector. The key purpose of this role is to proactively plan, attract, source, and maintain a pipeline of existing and potential candidates to meet the various business requirements in their sector.
The role will work with existing Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialists, Talent Acquisition Specialists and On-boarding Specialists.
Serco hugely improves citizen experience and using leading edge technology, brings omni-channel, multi-lingual access enabling citizens to interact with government and public services seamlessly and efficiently.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge of their business area through active working relationships with business units and leadership teams in their sector. Translates their knowledge and business acumen into effective, strategic conversations with hiring managers to support sourcing activities.
- Inputs into the development and delivery of the Sourcing Strategy and Talent Pooling Strategy for their sector, providing regular updates as required on the status of the pipeline and ensuring the roles identified for talent pooling are current and fit for purpose, in line with sector requirements
- Own the end to end recruitment process. The end to end process includes:
- Conducting resourcing needs analysis briefings with Hiring Managers to understand current & future requirements. When conducting needs analysis briefing calls, demonstrates ability to understand the talent needs of hiring managers, and the ability to understand the knowledge & skills required.
- Ensure effective sourcing strategies and attraction plans are in place to ensure a steady pipeline of quality candidates for Serco's current and future requirements - including mass hiring, direct sourcing, and when approved, contingency/retained agencies are used.
- Engage with external talent through networking, researching, mapping, creating candidate pools via job boards, etc
- Collate market information and make recommendations to the Talent Acquisition Manager to support business decision making and new innovative sourcing strategies for their sector
- Promote and improve the awareness of Serco brand by identifying and leveraging marketing opportunities on social media and other channels to support recruitment activities.
- Carry out ad-hoc project work as directed by the Talent Acquisition Manager in line with the global and regional HR Plan/Strategy.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
We are looking for someone who is proactive, and has a responsible approach to work with initiative and problem- solving capability, someone who has the ability to liaise in a professional and influential manner with staff at all levels in the organization. The ideal candidate should have the flexibility and ability to proactively identify issues and manage an environment of regular change by adapting to changing priorities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource administration in general.
- Knowledge of conducting & interpreting Ability tests and Personality Questionnaires is preferred
- Knowledge of recruitment related legislation and best practice
- Knowledge of manpower planning activities
- Knowledge of how to evaluate and assess effectiveness of recruiting strategies and continuously improve talent acquisition efforts
- Extensive experience of successfully identifying candidates through direct sourcing and research is essential
- Experienced in all elements of recruiting process including candidate attraction, candidate qualifying, networking, assessing, talent pooling and stakeholder management.
- Resource forecasting, reporting, scheduling, and allocation experience
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (yellow belt/green belt/black belt)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.