Your new role
As a Business Manager within our Digital Services directorate, you’ll provide financial and business planning services to our Project and Service Delivery Managers. You’ll will work with Teams across Digital Services to providing support in managing their budgets and forecasting, establishing their forward programmes of work and ensuring they adhere to our policies, procedures and governance arrangements. Strong communications skills are essential, you must also have an eye for detail, an ability to deliver to tight timescales and be able to present information to different audiences.
What you’ll be leading on
- Supporting the development of Digital Services budget proposals within and across road investment periods.
- Helping different areas of Digital Services develop their business plans in line with allocations, to strict timelines and in accordance with our governance procedures.
- Proactively resolving business planning and financial problems, ensuring that solutions continue to meet business needs.
- Actively engaging in risk management, effectively managing, and tracking the mitigation of financial risks and dependencies.
- Supporting month end financial processes including dealing with supplier issues and user queries.
- Collating and analysing data and information and producing financial, business planning and other reports to inform effective decision making.
- Liaising with colleagues, building effective relationships, providing coaching and support around business planning and financial management.
- Review processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities to improve and streamline services.
- Complying with our business planning processes and procedures, ensuring others also comply with them, maintaining accurate financial and administrative records using organisational systems.
To be successful
- Have experience of managing finances in a delivery environment including forward planning expenditure needed.
- Be able to analyse, collate and present information in a way that influences others to accept the key conclusions.
- Successfully managing contentious issues/dispute resolution.
- Be a strong communicator with experience or advising, coaching, or providing support to others to resolve problems in a constructive way.
- The ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience of risk, issue and dependency management in a complex environment.
A bit about us
The Digital Services Directorate is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way National Highways operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way.? Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.
Want to know more?
Please email email@example.com quoting req 4875
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires