Service Delivery Technician
Based at Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
37 ?? hours per week Monday - Friday
Water is a precious and vital resource used by us all in our homes and businesses daily. At Cambridge Water we're committed to providing high-quality water, exceptional levels of service and great value for money.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Cambridge Region Development Services Department for a technically minded graduate or equivalent to join our team. Within the Cambridge Region, there is a considerable demand for new housing & commercial development that require utility services through the planning & construction stages. As an organisation, we have statutory duties to provide access to potable water and this role facilitates our obligations to ensure best practice is delivered to our customers and contractors.
Working within a team, role responsibilities include:
- Visiting new developments to meet site agents/contractors to develop designs that integrate into our network to provide potable water.
- Preparing scheme costing for new housing & commercial developments applications.
- Track applications against schedules and report status.
- Prepare mains layout designs for both new, renewal & the upgrade of existing water services
- Auditing to ensure that Regulations and best practice have been achieved prior to commissioning/handover.
- Reporting defects on installations & provision of advice to adhere to Regulations.
- Provision of internal reporting & external reporting to OFWAT.
The ideal candidate will have a technical degree, (or equivalent), be IT literate and have experience of Excel based data management and analysis. We are looking for a team player who is adaptable and is able to use their own initiative to work autonomously as required. Being motivated to develop and learn will be met by the opportunity to gain valuable experience of working in a stimulating multidisciplinary environment.
Water industry experience is desirable with a working knowledge of Regulatory requirements/standards.
To apply please forward your CV to:
Closing Date: 30th June 2019.