The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Service Design and Transition deliverables to the Dixons Carphone business. Your primary objective will be to achieve operational readiness and ensure controlled transition of IT Services from Projects into Operational delivery by providing governance and assurance over projects throughout their lifecycle until the Service is appropriately handed over to the operational Service Owners. You will deliver this by working closely with Programme and Operational Stakeholders to achieve the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria. You will be responsible for building a robust Service Operations Model for our transformed services using Digital and Cloud architectures. You will be responsible for ensuring Service Requirements are effectively documented, implemented and tested in line with overall business expectations.
- Management and delivery of Service Design and Transition outcomes, artefacts and milestones across a variety of Transformation Programmes such as:
- Service Acceptance Criteria, Service Design, Service Readiness, Operational Acceptance Testing and Service Risk management through the project life-cycle
- Stakeholder and relationship management - Management of internal, client, peer and senior project and operational stakeholders
- Ensuring accurate Service Setup and Service Run estimates are provided to the projects and ensuring Service Readiness activities are managed within the agreed budget
- Creating a Service Design and Transition Plan that is aligned to the Project Delivery Plan.
- Designing and implementing effective support and Service Management processes.
- Acting as a Service representative in a Scrum team for Agile projects to ensure Service user stories are added to the backlog and delivered as part of specific Sprints.
- Ensure that Service Acceptance Criteria is effectively agreed and communicated to both Project and Service delivery stakeholders.
- Support the Supplier Onboarding process and produce a Supplier Handbook detailing the agreed operating provisions between the supplier and DCG.
- Working proactively with the rest of the Service Design and Transition team in seeking feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of the process from key to drive continuous process improvements to ensure the processes are delivering excellent value to the business.
- Advocate the principle of implementing Service Management and Operations by design within solution architectures by ensuring operational resiliency and fault tolerance are an intrinsic part of the solution.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience and background in IT Service Management with a detailed understanding of a broad range of IT Service Management processes and Operational Support Models
- Proven experience of leading Service Design and Transition in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Demonstrable experience of implementing both traditional and DevOps based operating models
- Vendor management - Managing multiple vendors and an understanding of a 'win-win culture' through structured operational reviews and strategic relationship management
- Management of complex issues - Interpret operational needs, challenge areas of potential risk of failure and manage teams to deliver to agreed SLA's
- Portfolio Management- Ability to effectively manage a pipeline of multiple projects with varying complexity and delivery milestones.
- Broad understanding of Cloud technologies, DevOps operating models and Continuous Integration lifecycles.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence would be an advantage.