VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: MoD Abbey Wood, Bristol, Avon
Salary: £37,000 - £44,500 p.a + Company Car/Allowance
Term: Full Time/Perm
As Service Manager, you'll provide a single point of contact for Vivo to the Head of Establishment (HoE) and DIO for all Billable Works (<£25K) matters on site and manage the delivery and assurance of all Billable Works <£25k on each site they are responsible for, ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Overseeing the delivery of Reactive & Programmed maintenance on the Establishment to ensure Key Performance indicators are met and tasks are completed to a standard that meets the contractual 'First Time Fix' requirements.
- Undertake Programmed maintenance inspections as required.
- Undertake assurance activities iaw Vivo Contract Quality Plan
- Ensuring that all Maintenance and Billable Works activity carried out on site is conducted iaw JSP 375.
- Delivering Billable works (<£25k) as directed by Line Manager.
- Reviewing all Inspection Reports and certification raising the necessary Remedial tasking and SONs for works >IRT, as appropriate, ensuring that Statutory remedials are correctly identified and actioned on the CAFM.
- Managing End User requests for hard copies of Inspection reports.
- Providing technical support and advice as required to DIO and HoE representatives
- Working closely with Mobile APs to ensure that all applicable works conform to the requirements of JSP 375
- Carrying out the duties of; Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Temporary Works Coordinator and CDM Principal Designer/Principal Contractor.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce energy consumption on site and initiate Billable Works as appropriate by the raising of Statements of Need.
- Managing FGas and waste compliance within the establishment.
- Managing the delivery of Grounds Maintenance within the establishment
- Acting as an On Call Services Manager as required.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Team player who understands value of collaboration
- Experience in delivery of Planned Maintenance and KPI management
- M&E management experience is essential.
- Significant experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
Training and Qualifications:
- ONC/BTEC level qualification electrical/mechanical engineering related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience)
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness in the following:
- Asbestos / Legionellosis
- Familiarity with the sites and assets for which the person is responsible
- Emergency first aid
- Fire safety
- Full Driving License
Nice to Haves:
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
- Previous use of CAFM applications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of energy reduction methods
- Fully understand the operational role of the establishment and Head of Establishment's priorities to ensure the optimal levels of support to Unit outputs
- Drafting Statements of Need (SONs) to support the Sustain/Maintain/Change Billable Works requirements needed to manage the estate effectively.
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.