VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Permanent role, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Chetwynd Barracks, NG9 5HA
Salary: Competitive + benefits
This is a key role to deliver the FDIS contract. The contract cannot be delivered without a suitable number of Service Managers to deliver Planned Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance, Billable works and Asset Management to a high standard, in compliance with key KPIs and safely.
- Oversee the effective, compliant, and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment, and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded, and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of the Joint Service Publications (JSP) work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
- To include full project management under CDM for various M&E / B&CE tasks from inception to completion including financial and commercial responsibility.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Contribute to the production of forward maintenance activities across the establishments within your area of responsibility.
- Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for VIVO.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Level 4 Facilities Management Qualification or Equivalent Technical Qualification and Experience
- Experience in managing day-to-day operational Facilities Management or a broad understanding of the profession and the skills needed to complete complex and non-routine tasks
- To have lived knowledge of the working with planned maintenance, response maintenance and project management of small projects.
- To be open to take on additional responsibilities such as Confirmed Space Authorised Person, Working at Height Authorised Person, Temporary Works, Legionella and Asbestos Responsible Person.
- HNC or Suitable Equivalent Qualification in a Building, Mechanical or Facilities Management Discipline
- Advantageous to be a member of a suitable professional body such as the Institute of Workplace Facilities Management (IWFM)
- Advantageous to have a qualification in asset management such as a Certificate or Diploma from the Institute of Asset Management.
What We Offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 6% employer matched pension contribution
- Single private medical cover
- Life assurance up to 2x base salary
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.