Job purpose and mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success enabling technology through investigation, analysis, review and definition of requirements for improving any aspect of business processes and systems, including the quantification of potential business benefits.
While supporting or managing new technology and existing systems, an effective analyst will develop subject matter expertise and gain valuable experience by partnering with senior analysts, technical resources, and business partners in the delivery of meaningful technology solutions, process and services.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Review and investigate the required tasks / process to determine business opportunities, specify and document effective business processes and technology services/products.
- Analyses current processes, tools, system, database and services to be able to makes recommendations for development, improvement or simplification. Acts as a subject matter expert in cross-functional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects. Assesses benefits to be derived from systems improvements and quantifies impact to business unit.
- Collaborates with business group management to develop appropriate training materials to support the needs of the functional area.
- Gathers and documents business requirements. Helps design and develop new and improved processes, tools and system enhancements to support business unit requirements.
- Maintains the integrity and the functionality of business unit systems or services by performing relevant system and database maintenance. Monitors system performance; analyses problems and recommends solutions. Researches, design and schedules standardized reports or create Adhoc reports or data queries to support the business unit.
- Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes or services.
- Develops recommendations and coordinates issue resolution with Technology and outside service providers based on business unit priorities. Documents and communicates problem resolution.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business opportunities and specify effective business processes or services to enhance enable technology solutions.
- Works with management in establishing the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies and agreeing and prioritising high-level requirements.
- Actively working with licensees across EMEA to support them with the technology in their business, helping to manage cost and services.
- Acts as an advocate for Starbucks, ensuring the technology provision meets the strategic objectives of the business unit.
- Candidate would have firm understanding retail technology POS, payment processing, and retail network & telecoms.
- Candidate should have a sound understanding of the ITIL framework and process, Able to manage high priority/critical incident, work with problem management to identify root cause, aid knowledge management to update resource material, and facilitate change management protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Firm understanding of retail technology
- Good understanding of Oracle Symphony platform
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving
- Systems design, testing and implementation
- Extensive knowledge of ITIL framework and process (IM/CM/PM/KM)
- Able to coordinate manage high priority/critical incident
- Functional experience in relevant area
- Able to document and wright technical resource
- In Service provision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Effective customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good understanding of invoicing and billing process
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce . All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.