The SHE Advisor Team
The candidate in this role will be the main assurance advisor of the team and must have good knowledge in auditing and advising on Health, Safety & Environmental management systems.
Their main job will be to travel to various BAE Systems sites over the UK and check the standards, rules, regulations, and compliance are being followed.
Conduct, advise and support the SHE assurance team, with onsite specific assurance inspections and audits.
Report writing to management of their audit findings, present it to their line manager and upload onto the company management database.
Other advisors from the SHE Team will work with the customers by providing solutions and offering guidance.
This role is more about checking the standards and compliance, to ensure that customer specific processes and procedures are compliant to those issued by Corporate.
This candidate will maintain the non-conformance register and manage the 'chase down' to ensure that all corrections have been initiated and or completed.
They will also take all the out puts from the audit and present core findings to their management and stakeholders within the business.
The Team consists of approximately 20 people covering various SHE roles and responsibilities.
This Position has no direct reports.
- Auditing to and maintaining ISO14001 & ISO45001 certification and reporting any potential threats which may affect ongoing certification to the Head of SHE
- Undertaking auditing activities within the Maritime services business
- Reporting to line managers to support an effective risk based SHE audit programme including managing all external & internal audits, (LRQA, SMM, HSE, EA) and any other Group audits
- Reporting on the status of the compliance, of the audit programme, to senior management through the management review process including outcome and themes
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluating SHE compliance and providing support to the Operational Assurance Statement
- Assurance of data integrity of SHE audit reports both internal and external
- Supporting closure and regular reporting on status of SHE non-conformances, corrective actions and improvements and advising the business of any potential threats or risks
- Supporting the deployment of new or revised Maritime Services specific SHE documentation processes for effectiveness
- Monitoring internal SHE Department governance
- Take an active role in Environmental initiatives focusing on Best Practices
- Providing SHE support and expertise to Supply Chain for vendor SHE assessments (as part of the approval process) and support re-tendering activities
- Undertaking Contractor Management assurance checks against company standards
- Supporting corporate assurance activities including attendance at Working Groups and leading/supporting corporate Audits
- Good Command of written and oral English language.
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001 & ISO 45001.
- Health & Safety Qualification - NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent
- Environmental Qualification - IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management, Foundation in Environmental Management or equivalent
- Military / MOD back ground / working in a Naval Base / environment
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite
- Proficient in the use of auditing tool
- s - Databases
- Driving License
- Teaching Qualification - Preparing to Teach in the Learning Sector / Certificate in Education or Equivalent