Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Accountable as the focal point for the delivery of production plans, ensuring competitiveness by maximising On Time Start (OTS) and On Time Finish (OTF), therefore reducing dwell. Optimising the team organisation, communicating and development of team members, as well as the appropriate use of available material resources to achieve and enforce the company standards for safety and environment, quality, people, delivery and cost.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Managing the team: Lead and develop the team reporting to the role, enabling it to meet the operational objectives within scope and complying with and enforcing the internal regulatory guidelines of the Company for safety and quality. Minimising staff absence and attrition through engaging with employees and following all relevant processes.
- Managing production activities: Planning, directing and controlling production activities by analysing the workload and capacity of its resources (human and equipment), in order to ensure the fulfilment of the operational objectives by maximising OTS and OTF, and therefore minimising dwell through the use of management tools and systems, and correcting the potential deviations from the plan. Driving required efficiency, utilisation and productivity to meet required budgets, quality targets and achieve the Production plan. Deputising for Production Manager(s) as required, including during periods of absence
- Developing preventative activities: Responsible for complying with and enforcing the necessary preventive measures to avoid or reduce occupational and environmental risks, using the appropriate management tools.
- Communication: Drive correct and effective communication with the team, conveying operational objectives, the expected achievement level and action plans. Must be the point of reference of downward communication for all day-to-day topics of the company and upward communication as a regular channel for employees.
- Ensuring team qualifications/certifications: Taking the necessary actions to ensure that the team members have the required qualifications and certifications, as well as training required by the process, procedure and/or customer.
- Complying with Policies and Procedures: Complying with and enforcing the procedures, policies and systems established in scope, promoting improvements, and calling for the necessary support for their implementation.
- Identifying Risk: Identify potential and mitigate risks and that would affect people as well as products, or equipment, escalating to the Production Manager as necessary, and using the appropriate management tools.
- Analysing Indicators: Analysing indicators for production, maintenance, and quality using the relevant tools/systems (i.e. WFM, Spotfire/Tropos). Prioritise the improvement plans derived from the indicators and lead the implementation teams to identify problems and recommend solutions that increase productivity, and also actively participating in corrective actions proposed by others.
- Energise improvements: To energise, propose and lead improvement of processes, management systems and organisation, within scope of responsibility, according to company procedure.
- Energise meetings: Energise and lead regular interdepartmental meetings to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing supervisory position
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management, such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
- Strong IT skills, including but not limited to use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate at all levels within the business Strong analytical skills
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to develop and motivate a high-involvement team
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant