Working within the Simulator Engineering Team at the Typhoon Training Facility (TTF), the role of the Simulator Engineering Maintenance Contractor Engineer working through the Simulator Engineering.
Maintenance Team Lead has responsibility for providing synthetic device availability to meet the requirements of the aircrew training flying program as part of the TyTAN Contract.
Supporting the Simulator Maintenance Team Lead in ensuring that all devices are correctly configured and available to meet the time critical constraints of the daily flying program as dictated by the Aircrew Training Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for daily operations, defect rectification and preventative maintenance on all devices held within TTF.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- As a team member, ensure that the TTF Synthetic Training devices are serviceable and available to meet the TyTAN daily flying program as directed by the relevant Team Leader.
- Undertake the timely rectification of all reported defects on the synthetic devices and sub-components within TTF.
- Undertake all preventative maintenance on all devices within TTF as dictated by current maintenance.
- Undertake all device software back-ups to maintain the devices at the most recent configuration standards.
- Record all engineering tasks as completed and communicate all outstanding issues, through their Team Lead, to the ISS Team at BAE Systems Warton.
- Demonstrate continued adherence to SHE policy in line with the local SHE Plan.
- Protect the high levels of device and building security measures, ensuring all aspects of security procedures are constantly maintained with reference to current Sy Ops.
- Embrace the idea of continuous improvement and Quality ideals.
- Maintain a high level of communication and deportment whilst undertaking interaction with BAE Systems instructors, Royal Air Force and Foreign National pilots to ensure that the Company is displayed in the best light at all times.
- Preference to hold a recognised qualification in Electronic Engineering/Computer Maintenance.
- Preference to hold previous experience in an aircraft simulation or on-aircraft electronic engineering role.
- Very high level of computer literacy to administrator level.
- Enhanced engineering fault finding skills.
- Knowledge of the RAF operational, maintenance and supply chain activities is desirable.