VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Salary: Competitive plus company car (or cash allowance)
Location: RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire (Limited Travel Required)
Type: Perm, Full-Time
This is a new role due to VIVO being having recently been awarded a 3-year contract for the repairs, maintenance, and delivery of projects across the United States Visiting Forces Establishments.
- The role will be based at RAF Croughton and will require some travel to other surrounding satellite sites such as Blenheim Crescent, Ruislip.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Effective management of Direct Delivery operational teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator if nominated to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos Register and Management plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Billable Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to VIVO site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the area you are responsible for, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Safe Systems of Work and JSP375 processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results
What you'll need to do the role:
Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Nice to Have Skills:
Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, Equality at Work, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve either BPSS or SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.