Repairs & Maintenance
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a leading Housing Association in the South London area who are looking for a brand new Site Manager to join their team covering Planned Works projects in the South London area.
They are looking for an experienced Site Manager who has previous experience working on major internal and external planned works projects.
- Set up site prior to the commencement of project work
- Plan projects and ensure they meet agreed specifications, budget and timescales
- Oversee building work
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- Supervising direct labour and contracted staff
- Meeting subcontractors
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and agreed with line manager
- Motivating the workforce
- Provide regular project updates to line manager
- Using specialist construction management computer applications
- Carry out regular toolbox talks
- Organising and arranging the procurement of materials and plant
- Proven track record of working on various planned works projects (K&B's Externals, Internals, Roofing, Cladding, EWI etc)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate and maintain best practice introducing innovative processes which will add value and drive efficiencies.
- To recruit and develop a team including tradesman/supervisory staff.
- Able to price and programme works from drawings, organising labour and materials etc.
- Regularly review service delivery.
- Operational focus - Someone who can manage various processes, can oversee the operational delivery of the project and is very organised.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- You will have a proven track record and experience of managing major works projects.
- The successful candidate will be able to work productively in a pressurised environment, act decisively when faced with urgent issues while consistently always maintaining a high level of service.
- Social Housing, Local authority or Tier 1 contractor experience is a must to be considered for this role.
- Proactive approach to work
- Proven track record for being Reliable and punctual
- Must hold a driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- IT Literate
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.