£45K - £55K
Repairs & Maintenance
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a Housing Association / Construction Company in the South London area who are looking for a brand new Site Manager to join their team covering Planned Works / M&E projects in the South London area.
They are looking for an experienced Site Manager who has previous experience working on major internal, external and M&E planned works projects.
- Set up site prior to the commencement of project work
- Plan projects and ensure they meet agreed specifications, budget and timescales
- Oversee building work
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- Supervising direct labour and contracted staff
- Meeting subcontractors
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and agreed with line manager
- Motivating the workforce
- Provide regular project updates to line manager
- Using specialist construction management computer applications
- Carry out regular toolbox talks
- Organising and arranging the procurement of materials and plant
- Proven track record of working on various planned works projects (M&E, Heating & Water Upgrades Kitchen and Bathrooms)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate and maintain best practice introducing innovative processes which will add value and drive efficiencies.
- To recruit and develop a team including tradesman/supervisory staff.
- Able to price and programme works from drawings, organising labour and materials etc.
- Regularly review service delivery.
- Operational focus - Someone who can manage various processes, can oversee the operational delivery of the project and is very organised.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- You will have a proven track record and experience of managing major & M&E works projects.
- The successful candidate will be able to work productively in a pressurised environment, act decisively when faced with urgent issues while consistently always maintaining a high level of service.
- Social Housing, Local authority or Tier 1 contractor experience is a must to be considered for this role.
- Proactive approach to work
- Proven track record for being Reliable and punctual
- Must hold a driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- IT Literate
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company car / Car allowance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Gym membership discount
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.