National Highways have an excellent opportunity for a Site Supervisor to join our team in Operations. As a Site Supervisor, you will play a key role in the delivery of major maintenance and minor improvement schemes across the Midlands region. Reporting directly to the Construction Assurance Manager, you will undertake construction surveillance and assurance inspections to verify quality of works undertaken by external contractors.
Please note that you may be required to work predominantly unsociable hours including nights and weekends for which there will be paid overtime and/or an out of hours allowance.
This role can be based at any of the following National Highway’s locations: across the Midlands, with locations at Birmingham, Nottingham, Kettering, Telford, Stafford, Worcester, or Warwick.
You will also be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
- Assuring the completion of planned works to agreed standards and escalate any concerns to the Construction Assurance Manager (CAM), in line with agreed governance agreements.
- Ensuring that all works are constructed in line with: CDM regulations, HSE Legislation, Chapter 8 requirements, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works (MCHW) and in accordance with the drawings and specification as designed.
- Ensuring Project Managers receive regular and timely feedback on scheme construction progress, risks, early warnings, design related issues, and act as the initial point of escalation for any on-site issues that need to be resolved.
- Acting as liaison between all key supply chain partners and co-ordinate the delivery programme, ensuring buildability reviews are carried out on all projects.
- Maintaining good liaison with Construction Assurance Manager, Project Managers and Commercial & Procurement colleagues, providing relevant and timely information on Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- Identifying, in consultation with CAMs and contractors, improvements which eliminate or reduce construction related risks and identifying and managing the rectification of defects.
To be successful
- Proven highway/structures and maintenance/construction experience; experience of working on high-speed Trunk Road/Motorway Networks is essential.
- Good understanding of the DMRB, MCHW, Chapter 8 and CDM Regulations
- CSCS Card Holder, SSSTS or SMSTS Certificate is essential.
- Ability to execute tasks independently yet work collaboratively within a team and respond to management guidance & support.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
A bit about us
- Operations is at the heart of keeping the strategic road network moving and ensuring our customers get the best possible experience when using our roads.
- We address over 39,000 customer enquiries every month, plan and deliver all maintenance activities on the network, drive efficiencies and improvements across our systems and roads, and respond to incidents across 4,500 miles of motorways and major A-roads that we manage. All to make sure National Highways customers have safer, smoother, and more reliable journeys.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #4214