International Fire Training Centre, Darlington, DL2 1NU
Full Time, 37.5 Hours, Permanent
£21,814.00 + Benefits
The International Fire Training Centre have an exciting opportunity for a Site Technician to join our team based in Durham Tees Valley Airport in Darlington. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Site Technician Co-Ordinator with the efficient and effective day to day operation of the International Fire Training Centre.
- To ensure that operational equipment and other essential items are fully operable and correctly in place prior to practical training exercises.
- Work in accordance with IFTC Policy and Procedures.
- Provide fire training scenarios.
- Liaise with the instructional staff to ensure the effective delivery of all practical exercises.
- Ensure that operational equipment and other essential items are fully operational and correctly in place prior to a practical training exercise.
- Ensure the fireground and associated buildings are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Report defects and the need to maintain and repair all items of equipment within the scope of knowledge and capabilities of the individual.
- Provide support cover at Falck Safety Services as and when required.
- Wear appropriate PPE for training exercises, including breathing apparatus or any other RPE. Undertaking of Breathing Apparatus (BA) tests/checks to the level of competence proven by qualification.
- To carry out other duties, within the scope of personal capabilities as required by management.
- To carry out other ad hoc duties, within the scope of personal capabilities as required by management.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Highly systematic approach with attendant levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to cope under pressure, with conflicting demands of customer and colleagues
- Proven organisational skills and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Previous fire experience
- QHSE understandingKnowledge
- Understanding of general fire operations
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.