Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections
We are looking for a talented skilled assembly operative who is performance driven to join a growing global team which is highly committed to our customers
Working as part of an established team within the A350 department. This role is skilled and will undertake to strip, repair and assemble aircraft components and sub-assemblies.
As a Skilled Operator, your role has an increased level of self-management, empowerment and a
disciplined outlook to your everyday working. Skilled status also carries the responsibility for problem
solving, team working and a will to succeed with the business.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the section Flow Leader, participate within a team and work with functional specialists (such as engineering, Quality, etc) to ensure production requirements are achieved safely, on time and to the customer specifications
- Read and follow work instructions, specifications and part drawings (accessed via PC)
- Read and interpret engineering data, technical drawings, specifications, repair schemes, Manufacturing Procedures (MPs) and other approved maintenance data
- Accurately complete work route cards to maintain component traceability
- Measuring and marking out of materials to carry out close tolerance hand fitting processes
- Precision drilling, countersink, reaming and finishing of holes in aircraft structure assemblies
- Application of assembly techniques including riveting, mechanical fasteners and other bonding processes
- Sealing and jointing techniques for environmental protection and painting, alocrome of aircraft structures
- Application of bush and bearing installation
- Application of part mark on aircraft assemblies/sub-assemblies
- Assembly of pipework for various types of aircraft and functional testing
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering or Manufacturing, or Time-served apprenticeship in allied trades
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills, and able to read and understand technical documentation, including via computer/IT equipment
- Good planning and problem- solving skills
- Working understanding of the 5 S and lean principles
- Strong work ethic supported by a real positive attitude to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate the currency and competency of the key skill codes required within department
- Great attention to the detail and accuracy of the task requirement
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- To be able to work with minimal supervision
- Shift working required
There are certain aspects of this role that require mechanical / manual lifting of parts so some lifting will be required and applicants must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience of manufacture of complex metallic and composite structures
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required