Pay up to £50 per hour Outside IR35
12 months+ contracts
Security Clearance required
Our client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
Role & Responsibilities
- Supervise onsite commissioning activities to ensure safe, compliant and accurate testing is achieved.
- Review Commissioning documentation and Safe System of Work for suitability of the activity.
- Ensure the commissioning document and Safe System of Work is followed by all involved in the activity.
- Work to an approved commissioning procedure, an approved Safe System of Work and co-ordination with other working parties including attending site planning meetings.
- Seek approval, apply, record, monitor & remove the application of Temporary Commissioning Aid's.
- Raise commissioning reservations and seek guidance from the commissioning manager or engineering support, when a system does not operate as expected or defects are found during the commissioning stage.
- In the event of uncertainty, the TTL is to halt the commissioning activity, brief those involved why, and seek guidance from the commissioning manager or engineering support.
- In the event of an incident resulting in harm to personnel or damage to equipment the TTL is to control the situation and make safe to prevent further injury, damage or loss. The TTL must then preserve the seen for investigation and withdraw all personnel.
- Ensure the final state of plant configuration (post commissioning) is as expected in the commissioning document or agreed with the commissioning manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Hands on experience of Siemens PLC and SCADA systems
- A good appreciation of Control panels, electrical installation and Instrumentation solutions
- Experience of testing and on-site commissioning is essential
- Excellent H&S awareness - SSSTS or SMSTS preferred
- CSCS card or equivalent - essential
Experience of some or all of the following is desirable:
- Plant Historians
- Network design and configuration
- Cyber Security
- Functional Safety
- Industrial Protocol Knowledge (IEC 61850, DNP3, Modbus, OPC etc)