Job Title: Software Developer
- Take ownership of allocated software development sprints in accordance with the requirements documentation across the full SDLC, including development of new features, enhancements, and resolving defects.
- Develop creative solutions to client requirements using innovative and up to date programming and coding techniques.
- Ensure a full understanding of the requirements documentation to ensure all work is focused on achieving the desired end result for clients.
- Create software applications using multiple technologies working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Create and deliver enhancements to existing products.
- Communicate and provide regular updates and feedback to the Project Manager and wider development team on progress, highlighting issues and proposing appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Produce well organised and documented source code.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Actively collaborate with the development team and wider business to develop, test and maintain applications that meet agreed customer specifications.
- Collaborate and share information and knowledge proactively with other developers to improve knowledge and effectively resolve programming and development issues as they arise.
- Develop user documentation as necessary to support end-user capabilities and understanding of the new or enhanced features of the software.
- Debug, write test cases and ensure a high level of testing in embedded into the development process.
- Contribute to the production of high quality documentation to inform future work and to ensure a systematic and consistent approach to all development work.
- Deploy solutions into production environments and engage effectively with clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction with end product.
- Adhere to high quality development principles in line with ISO 9001 while delivering resolutions on time and on budget.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Computing Science or equivalent commercial experience
Minimum of 1 year experience developing software within a commercial environment.
Strong working knowledge of software development platforms
Excellent working knowledge of:
Strong OOP skills
Good working knowledge of any of these would be advantageous:
SharePoint - Development and User-end and administration
SQL and SQL Server
Responsive Design/Twitter Bootstrap
Their team are friendly, focused and hardworking. They encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions.
This post is based in their office in the centre of Aberdeen. They work a 38.75 hour week with core hours of 0830 - 1700, with annual leave of 30 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement.