Exciting Software Developer opportunity - helping to develop in house applications using a variety of language bases. We're a multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products; with nearly 90 beautiful stores in the UK and ROI. From humble beginnings our teams have expanded to almost 900 people across all our sites.
What makes us so successful? Well it's our passion for people and our commitment to running an ethical and sustainable company. Couple this with our fantastic designs, innovative products, attention to detail and never-ending pursuit of high standards means we have built a company that makes us proud.
We believe we can add value by creating ethical employment in a business environment, which respects everything we hold important: Our people and our planet. That's our passion!
You'll be working closely with the other members of our Application team and report into our Application Manager. Our Project Development team are responsible for the continued advancement of our application suite and introducing new and exciting features to our core business application.
A day in the life:
- Helping to develop inhouse applications using a variety of language bases.
- Working with other Developers, Business Analysts and Testers to ensure that all code is free from bugs and fits the end user needs.
- Working with the Application Manager, Project Manager and other Developers to ensure that the vision is embedded into the development that is carried out.
- Playing an active role in the development of the continuous integration and deployment practice.
- Developing application suites for Android, iOS, Windows devices and web interfaces.
- Producing rich front-end UIs.
- Building new systems and improve stability, security and efficiency of complex systems.
- Creating new customisations and integrations and modify those that we currently use.
- Using a wide range of technologies, to design, develop and test across the full development lifecycle.
- Supporting and further developing our Navision ERP instances and warehouse application suite.
- Providing go-live hand overs to the Service Desk team.
- Working with the Project Managers, Business Analyst and Consultants to understand the business / application requirements of the assigned task.
- Ensuring all code is committed to Github as per best practise laid out by the Senior Software Engineer.
What we look for in you:
- Professional certification and accreditation is preferred or equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience in Java, C# and .Net, but candidates with experience in other object-orientated languages (and a hunger to learn new ones), will all be considered.
- Experience with C/AL or Microsoft Navision is a bonus.
- Strong SQL Experience.
- Understanding of Linux and MacOS is advantageous.
- Web Development / SharePoint programming experience is a plus.
- Ability to document code customisations and integrations in compliance with established standards and practices.
- Ability to debug errors efficiently and effectively.
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Capable of testing your own work and deliver working products.
- Able to understand, communicate and interpret key user business processes and requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of Github or other GIT style repositories.
- Able to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere, but also able to work alone.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimum supervision.
Just to give you a taste of our culture, we'll be looking for you to:
- Be a brand ambassador, ensuring that our values and ethos are never compromised.
- Be honest and respectful.
- Work collaboratively with all employees.
- Talk openly and actively listen.