We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996 and have since grown to become one of the UK's top ten card providers.
From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit. From innovative tools like our QuickCheck eligibility checker, to the way we're driving positive change across the finance industry. It's no wonder we're the only card provider with a 4-star rated credit card from Fairbanking.
What you'll do:
- Produce creative testing solutions and to automate for efficiency.
- Help other engineers to deliver Quality by providing supporting test frameworks and quick feedback.
- Drive Quality into our processes - always taking opportunities to improve communication, reduce duplication, increase efficiency and our likelihood of detecting flaws and bugs quicker than before.
What we're looking for:
- Solid programming skills in your language of choice (not necessarily ours) and a track record of getting stuff done
- Experience of working with web technologies that interface with back-end systems
- Working collaboratively, able to communicate effectively and commitment to be part of a successful team
We'd like to see (but it's not essential)
- Experience of working in a Cloud environment e.g. AWS
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern user interface stack with HTML, CSS, JS and React
- Experience in a major server-side web development stack (eg. Nodejs and JSF)
- Experience using any of our preferred tools and methods: BDD, Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, Gatling, Wiremock, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Galen
- Experience of working within an enterprise environment
What's in it for you:
- Bring us all this - and you'll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
- We love continuous learning and that's why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee caf??
- Find out more through our UK careers site () or by exploring Click here to contact this recruiter Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace