th the product team for the EvO programme. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
Individuals in this role will work on the development of software components, including defining & executing unit tests. An individual with knowledge of C++ and C# Net Framework development, providing GUI Development, architect, mentoring for team members.
Shall be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the product level of integration
The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
Key member of the team responsible for developing, integrating and testing software onto the EvO baseline, following integrated product development procedures, GDUK software development processes and best practice. Responsibilities include:
- Developing software subsystem components.
- Validating software development against design
- Undertaking and supporting product and integration test requirements and acceptance activities.
- Analysing and debug software integration issues on target hardware and software environments.
- Implementing best practice and continuous improvement
- Shall be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the next level of integration.
- Work to identify problems, likely causes and identify solutions.
- Use of diagnostic and test tools to run code
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies
- Experience of Agile development methods and tools including IBM Rational Team Concert, a software development team collaboration tool
- Strong background in Software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems. E.g. IBM Rational Team Concert, Git, SVN
- Peer reviewing source code, software designs and working to a coding standard.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents using Microsoft packages and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Experience developing C# (including WPF and WCF) software applications or Windows components within a software team, with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Single Page Application Frameworks (e.g. Aurelia Angular)
Our Company Benefits:
- We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight - which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family's needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices - giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.