Candidates must hold valid SC security clearance to be considered for this opportunity.
You will join the Modem team within the Product Engineering group.
The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers. There will be scope in the future to work on further developments as project needs arise.
You will research and develop aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software within complex systems.
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
- Proven modern C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
- Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
- Experience of working with Git for version control and Eclipse CDT for development
- Knowledge and application of inter-process communication and techniques
- Experience of system and software modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect (SysML / UML)
- Experience of unit and integration test tools (e.g. Google Test, Robot Framework)
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
Monday to Friday days
3 days onsite 2 days WFH
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Reason for vacancy
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.