Are you interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it ? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
Want to know more?
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you'll do:
- You'll design, build and maintain a reliable, scalable, secure and resilient platform.
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers in improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting.
- Help implement a pragmatic CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle. Setup the pipeline to build and release our cloud hosted microservices as well as help in adapting legacy systems to benefit from DevOps practices.
- You'll strategically help us move from our current Liberty WAS stack to a container focussed pipeline.
- You'll coach other engineers on DevOps culture and practices. Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps.
- You'll work closely with our test engineers to help develop test cases, whilst ensuring the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
What we're looking for:
- Your strong DevOps/SRE background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc. You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from design, through build to production and monitoring.
- You're well versed with continuous integration/continuous delivery and understand how to get to continuous deployments. You have knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B etc
- You're fluent in at least one one scripting language like Python or Ruby and experienced with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform Or Chef Or Ansible.
- Strong experience with Docker containers and some experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Rancher.
- Production experience with monitoring and logging tools like Splunk, Urbancode, Appdynamics, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty and secrets management tools like Vault, CyberArk.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with ephemeral infrastructure.
What we need from you:
- Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
- Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
- Understand and ensure industry standard methodologies are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
- Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
- Typically operates in more complex environments.
- Experienced using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- Very comfortable teaching others about engineering standard methodology and being seen as a role model.
- Has a high level of technical maturity and is on the forefront of emerging technology and how it can benefit Lloyds Banking Group.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing genuine equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...