This organisations Operations team builds and maintains the software that drives their business. You will be joining the Operations team who work on a backlog of client projects, integrations and new requirements. Projects vary in size and scope - for one series of Sprints your squad may be working on brand new functionality in the front-end; for another you might be re-architecting part of the core platform to introduce a new way to scale out their services for new clients.
As a Software Engineer, they expect you to have some relevant, commercial development experience; be able to learn quickly; make well-reasoned decisions; communicate well within the team; and deliver great code too. While you will have an opportunity to learn from more senior members of the team, they would also expect you to help mentor the junior members.
This will be your day-to-day toolkit. They understand that you will come with strengths in some of these more than others but would expect you to be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and improve where necessary.
- Spring (Boot, Web, REST, IOC, Messaging, GraphQL)
- AWS (SES, SQS, EC2, Route53)
- JUnit & Cucumber
- Jenkins, Gradle, Git & GitHub
- MySQL, MongoDB, RedShift, graph databases, SOLR, Spark
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
- NGinx/Apache & Tomcat
- 25 days annual holidays, plus one on your birthday (or a working day close to it).
- Company pension.
- Medical, dental and life insurance (an opt-in scheme available to all employees).
- Monthly "Lunch & Learn" brown-bag sessions, where we ask that all staff vote on a topic, and volunteer to run a brown-bag session for which the company provide lunch.
- Share option scheme.
- Departmental budget for Training & Conference attendance for appropriate events.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working hours.
- Working from home 1 day per week.
- Free hot and cold drinks, fruit and snacks.
- Regular team days out.
- Gym membership.
About This Company
From their office in Chester, this company leads the way, delivering the market's most agile, performance-driven customer engagement technology. Providing a combination of cutting edge, powerful software and supporting consultancy, they help clients find answers to complex marketing questions.
They are a dynamic organisation with smart people working in a challenging environment. Their team enjoy a culture of autonomy and ownership with the opportunity to develop and grow at a pace that works for them. They operate a flexible working environment, and welcome ambitious problem solvers with a 'can do' and 'know how' attitude.