Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK 5 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are an award winning business, with most recently receiving accreditation for two Gold awards with Investors in People. The awards are "We invest in people" and "We invest in wellbeing". These awards are a true testament to the organisation the supportive culture within the company.
The Software Engineer will be joining a team which is starting an exciting phase of transforming the way they develop and deliver software, putting their engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the company's product portfolio.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join an award winning business, who really care about their people!
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution!
- Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and shape how Software is developed, by introducing new development techniques and tools.
- Working closely with colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy.
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve how we develop software
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
- A encouraging working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future direction.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- A strong understanding of what is required to build high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Strong communication skills with a motivation for collaboration.
- Someone comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience and knowledge of developing or supporting ADA would also be very useful but not crucial.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
For full information, please get in touch!