The role is to manage a software development team producing high-reliability software products for control of satellite payloads.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the project and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Head of Proposals and Projects (Communication Products Group)
Supervises: Project teams from 5-15 people
Essential Position Requirements
- 6+ years' experience in managing as Project Manager medium to large SW projects through all the SW lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of SW development V-Model, SW requirement management, HW/SW & SW/SW integration and SW testing.
- Have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and knowledge of Digital Signal Processing.
- Highly developed analytical skills to be able to challenge the development & validation team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
- Strong internal/external customer facing skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions.
- Professional PM Qualification or a proven track record of project delivery in a high-quality software development environment.
- The ability to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties including:
- Internal / external customer
- Product Group Management
- Systems Design team
- Engineering / Design
- Quality / Product Assurance
- Production / Test
- Procurement / Suppliers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
- To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
- Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions to a range of stakeholders
- Drive the Project through all the SW lifecycle from requirement analysis to delivery
- Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
- Coordinate stakeholder management
- Lead and facilitate Multi-functional Core Team
- Responsible for day to day management of a small team of software engineers developing solutions for On-Board Digital Processing
- Set Team / Individual Project objectives
- Endorse Project goals and define Development Plan
- Implementation of divisional standards
- Communicate milestone issues with core team
- Working with architects/designers to define work items for work package delivery.
- Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
- Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
- Deliver projects on time, on quality and in costs
- Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
- Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
- Triggers internal Design Reviews
- Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other Airbus Defence and Space relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
- Drives tight change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
- Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
- Resolves project / functional conflicts
- Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
- Manage resources assignment within Core Team
- Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
- Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
- Develop relationships with internal/external suppliers
- Act as the Project Champion (advocate)
- Provide Project reporting to Airbus management and customers
- Java Core (current)
- Java Enterprise Edition (current)
- Knowledge of major design patterns
- Continuous build environments
- Issue tracking systems
- UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
- Software & system integration
- Software Product Development
- Software service and support
- Automated software testing
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.