IT Solution Architect
Package: Up to £75,000 DOE. + Benefits.
We aim to create an inclusive workplace in which everyone can thrive:
- We are a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard
- We have reduced our gender pay gap from 10.9% to 6.9% (in the last 12 months) and increased women in leadership roles from 21% to 32% (2018-2022)
- We have reduced our ethnicity data gap from 40% to 20%, and our disability data gap from 95% to 50% over the last 12 months
- We were recognised in May 2022 as one of only 3 companies (from 100) to achieve Tier 1 accreditation in the CCLA Mental Health Benchmark Report
As a business we advocate flexible working as we know that your time is valuable, both inside and outside of work. We also provide an extensive Employee Assistance Program to include online counselling, webinars, health check-ins and financial wellbeing assistance.
Careers in IT Services:
IT is at the heart of many of the vital services that Serco provide, from caring for vulnerable people, managing complex public services, to heavy rail and hospital operations. IT Services underpin Serco teams in many of the key public services we deliver in the UK, Europe and globally.
The people in IT Services are passionate about what they do and are proud to make a positive difference to the services that Serco delivers.
The Solution Architect supports the execution of IT projects and bids by understanding business requirements, identifying any gaps between business requirements and IT capabilities, defining solutions to bridge the gaps, making sure that the project scope is maintained, and solutions implemented in line with Serco architectural principles and IT strategy
- Working with the IT Project Manager to understand the needs of business and produce designs & solutions for each project
- Whilst working on bids, liaising with the business development and bid teams to design solutions.
- Attending solution reviews and ensure designs meet Serco solution architecture standards.
- Delivering innovative solutions with existing capabilities or creating new innovations that drive down overall cost and increase automation.
- Presenting solution design and cost models.
- Providing architectural guidance and design leadership to the project delivery teams.
- Support to the delivery team, supporting the change control process throughout the project
- Explaining technical issues and IT solution strategies to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure that solution design milestones are accomplished in accordance with the project plan
- Ensuring solution and service designs are aligned with business needs and support Enterprise Architecture roadmaps.
- At least one of the following IT disciplines: CRM, complex case management, Telephony, Azure, Cloud technologies, Dynamics, SaaS products, RPA/AI, Data Analytics etc.
- Experience in public sector projects.
- A degree or equivalent industry experience in IT related discipline
- Will have effective communication skills that enables you to convey complex technical details to clients in laymen terms.
- Must be willing to undergo BPSS security clearance. In some cases, SC may also be required depending on assignment. TOGAF 9/10 certification is desirable.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.