Acquisitions & Special Projects Lead
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Our Special Projects Lead will be supporting the Serco Middle East business by providing commercial leadership on M&A, key partnerships, joint ventures and complex bids and ensuring best practice commercial governance support is delivered to the division in a clear and consistent manner with innovative solutions to match the risks associated with the business.
Serco delivers essential public services to customers in the UAE on behalf of governments, semi-governments and large private corporations
- Lead on major transactions such as mergers & acquisitions, key partnerships, PPPs and joint ventures.
- Source potential acquisition targets and deeply understand their businesses to assess strategic fit for the division.
- Assess business requirements, value drivers, identify key issues and risks, and provide practical solutions and advice while guiding stakeholders through the full transaction lifecycle.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place at all stages of the transaction, for example, non-disclosure agreements, process letters, offer letters, etc.
- Responsible for managing the transaction due diligence process, including any third party advisors and ensuring that issues are appropriately raised and addressed.
- Establish and monitor the data room relating to any acquisition.
- Support with the resolution of ad hoc complex commercial and contractual issues through innovative arrangements that remain compliant with any applicable legal and contractual constraints.
- Leadership on specific opportunities that requires commercial and solution thinking.
- Lead on the divisional and group required governance processes, including preparation of documentation and presentation at meetings.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Rapid problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise several competing demands.
- Must have a flexible approach with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Is able to work equally well at a detailed level and at a strategic level, as required.
- Is able to interact at all levels and with different cultures.
- Is able to influence and motivate when recommending a course of action.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in commercial role with particular experience in leading M&A and joint venture transactions.
- Manager that provides a professional service to the organisation.
- Typically working across a large, complex and diverse business unit/division of Serco
- Extensive knowledge and experience of drafting, negotiating, agreeing and executing a wide range of commercial contracts / instruments that represent a positive commercial outcome for the division, in particular M&A transaction documentation, purchase agreements, shareholders'/joint venture agreements and PPP-related documentation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in commercial contracts support subjects such as bonds and guarantees, insurances as well as in risk identification and management and structuring commercial contractual paperwork to mitigate or minimise such identified risks / issues.
- Experience in terms of commercial dialogue, negotiating and being the commercial lead on large complex bids and working in a multi-site organisation.
- An experienced commercial negotiator with direct experience leading transactions such as M&A, partnerships, joint ventures and PPPs
- Excellent presentation skills and report writing skills.
- Good financial modelling skills, accounting skills, planning and forecasting skills, MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Is able to analyse key risks in contracts and deliver solutions that affect growth, profits and cashflow of the business and suggest potential strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Is able to accurately understand technical information and convert this into valuations, structures and contract documentation.
- Is able to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Is able to negotiate to win, compromise, mediate opposing views and resolve conflict.
- Is able to gain trust, set expectations, and accommodate requests but also diplomatically decline unreasonable demands.
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working.
- A willingness and ability to travel including abroad, if required.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We take pride in what you do