Specialist Coordinator - Course Administration Management
UK Defence Academy
Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
£24,983 per annum plus benefits
Serco have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Coordinator to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. The Course Administration Management Department is responsible for supporting the planning and organisation of over 1200 courses on site at the Defence Academy, remotely and on-line. The Specialist Coordinator will be responsible for the coordinator and control of all incoming work as directed by the customer and the provision of induction, coaching and mentoring, higher level administrative tasks, performance reviews, and oversee training and development.
Serco at the Defence Academy provides Facilities Management across all aspects of the site including Estates, Logistics, various Supporting Services, together with Cleaning, Catering and Waste Management through ESS.
Duties for the role:
- Actively engage with induction processes to ensure the successful completion of own and colleague's probationary periods. Supports colleague development
- Assist Team Leader or other departmental staff to undertake all required admin tasks,
- focussing on delivering service excellence and delivering against team objectives.
- Take a pro-active role within the department to liaise with colleagues and customers and be fully conversant with workloads including effective communication with the Serco/Military/Customer colleagues.
- Coordinate, produce and distribute communications as directed.
- Arranging appropriate meetings, including drafting agendas, chairing and managing attendance at meetings, active participation at meetings and production of action notes as required.
- Liaison with visitors to establish transport, AV, accommodation, catering needs and subsequent booking of any requirements and arrival on site/to department
- Production, amendment and maintenance of any assigned spreadsheets and databases including uploading and manipulation of information to share sites (SharePoint) and (as an added value activity) virtual learning environments.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Good level of general education, with proven business writing skills and Maths.
- Professional and engaging communication through a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour).
- Able to work unsupervised and under pressure, with conflicting demands of customer and colleagues.
- Must be methodical, have proven organisational skills and ability to proactively manage departmental workload, delegating responsibility where necessary.
- PC literate, with a good level of experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- You will have to gain enhanced clearance within the first 3 months of employment. Serco will arrange this on your behalf.
The Defence Academy sits within a beautiful and secure site which hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world. Other benefits of working on this site include:
- Free, secure onsite parking.
- Opportunity to join many sports and activity clubs (heavily subsidised subscription costs).
- Gym membership, the site boasting 2 fully equipped gymnasiums.
- Site also has a heated outdoor swimming pool (open May-Sep).
- 18-hole golf course (annual membership circa £375).
- Fully equipped riding stables, with the opportunity for lessons.
- Other sporting facilities include tennis courts, Astro-turf football pitches and much more.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to purchase additional days.
- Serco-Flex - local working policy which supports home working options dependant on role requirements.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, apprenticeships, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.