Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful role on the cutting edge of mobile GPU technology? Do you want to utilize your technical and leadership skills to improve the most popular phone products all over the world? Then the Customer Engineering Team is the right place for you. This is a global team with creative talents, comprised of UK/Cambridge, Norway/Trondheim and China/Shanghai.
We are seeking a forward-thinking and enthusiastic Software Engineer who holds knowledge about graphics and GPU drivers, to develop with the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions and help craft the technologies in the mobile/automotive market. Work seamlessly with Mali GPU customers with state of the art tools to identify bottleneck and optimize to the best.
The opportunity is a great chance to gain experience, such as:
- Working on flagship devices with the world's most successful mobile companies
- Take the skills you have developed in early engineering career and see them used in a wider business context.
- Become part of and be supported by a team of high performing experts
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing the high-level graphics APIs of our Mali driver: OpenGL ES 3.x, EGL, and Vulkan.
- Working with some of the biggest names in the consumer electronics space on their latest and the greatest platforms.
- Integrate and optimise our software into their flagship devices to show the world what Mali can do.
- Work with Game Engines which improve the mobile gaming performance
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need to be considered?
- You hold hands-on experience with Graphics API such as OpenGL ES and/or Vulkan and/or EGL Khronos APIs.
- You are C and/or C++ and Algorithms expert.
- You are a passionate learner and enjoy new technologies.
- Proficient in problem solving and debugging.
- You possess good oral and written English communication skills as well as having an excellent team working skillset.
- You enjoy working directly with customers as a technology Jedi.
- Be prepared to travel occasionally during critical project stages.
It would be great if you also had some of the following:
- A track-record of working on successful consumer electronics devices.
- You have experience in large, multi-site software development projects.
- Experience optimising graphics applications and you understand challenges of that work.
- Exposure to VR/AR related projects.
- Appreciation of Wayland and related mechanisms.
- Experience with tuning and optimising memory and power constrained embedded software.
- You hold an understanding of Linux development environments.
- Knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation.
- Experience of Agile software development.
About the GPU Team
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world's most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali??? Graphics Processor is the world's #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.