Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible flexible working potentials.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
This is an exciting opportunity with a busy Stores Department. The role will assist both the Goods Inwards Inspector and Stores personnel. Reporting to the Stores Team Leader, the successful candidate will be self motivated and flexible with the ability to inspect bought in materials, both mechanical and electrical, verify compliance to drawings, Company and customer specifications and accept or reject the items in line with procedures and complete the requisite transactions on the company stock system.
The successful candidate will also be required to also undertake the secure storage of purchased items prior to goods being used in production and to provide a formal issue and receipt system to ensure control over direct material receipt and usage, as well as to support all other stores functions.
- Rudimentary inspection of raw materials, electrical components and purchased assemblies to company and/or customer agreed standards and drawings and reporting of results
- Verification by measurement of all critical criteria on incoming materials particularly fabricated metal components
- Formally retain and retrieve Test & Inspection records as necessary
- Advise and assist Supply Chain and manufacturing departments on Company standards
- Liaise with supplier representatives as required
- Support purchasing and planning departments as necessary
- Arbitrate on fitness for purpose of material and if necessary implement the rejection procedure
- Work with the Supply Chain to improve the throughput process and identify failing suppliers or supply processes
- Operate within a stores environment and undertake stores functions
- Driving of the Reach forklift truck, Company vehicles and crane
- Provide a counter service for issue / return of materials
- Daily responsibility for Stores functions and inter departmental liaison, co-ordinating associated tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Arrange for removal and storage of incoming goods (accompanied by appropriate paperwork). Ensure that the goods are checked and located within the appropriate stores area, ensuring items are transacted onto the computerised system
- Holds English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at grade A*-C/9-4
- ISO 9000/1 procedures experience
- ESD - Electrostatic awareness - Desirable (training can be arranged)
- Good knowledge of all aspects of stores procedures
- Reach forklift truck licence - Desirable (training can be arranged)
- Experience of using ERPs
- Overhead electrical crane licence (training can be arranged)
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
For full information, please get in touch!