You will provide full administrative support to the team, acting as the first point of contact and effectively dealing with and responding to a range of queries. This will include passing on relevant information to appropriate team members. Key duties will include photocopying and production of key documents for the department. You will coordinate and triage group email accounts as appropriate whilst responding to queries.
- Acting as the point of contact for the team by taking and making telephone calls, composing and responding to emails appropriately, ensuring that key messages are conveyed in a timely and informative manner.
- Liaising with other departments, both internal and external to the organisation, to arrange key meetings.
- Organising events including internal and external room bookings, necessary equipment and hospitality.
- Using initiative to review multiple options or courses of action, making a decision based on a range of facts and situations.
- Processing data received by the department, and ensuring this is reverted into helpful management information.
- Supplying relevant information required for financial management.
- Supporting your team and head of department by raising accurate purchase orders, checking invoices and making payments as necessary.
- Regularly utilising computerised programmes such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to support the function's requirements for processing of letters, emails, reports and presentations.