Responsible for supporting CAE activities by carrying out all phases of assigned CAE projects. This will involve finite element modelling, results review, hand calculations and report preparation covering both structural and occupant safety performance of products. The role is highly CAE focused, using both Optistruct and RADIOSS in order to provide exceptional engineering solutions. The engineer will work closely with all areas of the business in order to ensure integration of CAE with both physical testing and the wider project team.
Working with the Engineering Team, Lead Engineers, and the Certification Team, you will ensure that our products will meet the regulatory guidelines and requirements. Meeting the customer brief in accordance with the programme delivery, in terms of structural integrity (strength and impact resistance), stiffness, cost and weight.
- To support the development and optimization of the structural design of our seating products through performing complex linear and non-linear static and dynamic FE analyses.
- Perform hand calculations and create Finite Element Models for a wide range of components and assemblies which meet modelling guidelines across both Optistruct and RADIOSS solvers.
- Working closely with the Design and Development Engineering, Test and Certification teams, contribute to CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements.
- Analysing and optimising both metallic and composite structures that meet customer, structural and regulatory requirements.
- To develop a right first-time approach to engineering through analytical methodology, procedures development and documentation. This includes developing a strong correlation between testing and analytical methods.
- Collaborate with and supporting the engineering department to develop their designs from a structural perspective as efficiently as possible.
- Build and maintain an intimate knowledge of relevant airworthiness regulations.
- Use the latest analytical processes and materials to ensure innovation is constantly being met.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related scientific field
- Ability to perform static hand calculations
- Competence of physical test protocols associated with stress, structural and occupant injury.
- Must be capable of producing high-quality FE models and reports under minimal supervision.
- A track record of applying CAE tools to provide design direction.
- The ability to communicate concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise, and work within a target driven climate
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, is flexible, and is comfortable in a changing environment
- Experience of developing and optimising new product using stress analysis of metallic and composite structures.
- Experience of fatigue analysis to assess the durability or product is preferred.
- Explicit crash analysis experience using Radios or equivalent software is essential.
- Experience of using optimisation tools like Optistruct to optimise for weight, stress, stiffness.
- Motivated by achieving a successful solution
- Ability to produce high quality FE models and reports under minimal supervision.