Supervisor Electrical (Off Aircraft)
Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services
Yeovil, BA22 8HT
Full time, permanent
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Supervisor Electrical (off Aircraft) to join the team based at RNAS Yeovilton. This role will ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with their Line Managers instructions and contracted tasks are carried out in accordance with current Customer Policy and Regulations and other applicable statutory Regulations.
- The Supervisor Electrical (Off Aircraft) will be responsible for the Ground Support to Merlin & Wildcat aircraft also Off Aircraft GSE
- Co-operate with Line Management on all Health and Safety and Environmental matters.
- Obtain further training courses necessary to the job
- Participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives and associated programmes when required.
- Remain flexible and carry out any other tasks within their capabilities and experience in support of the Contract as directed by the Contract Manager or their representative.
- Promote Serco's professional Company image in all liaisons with the Customer and outside agencies.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Completed a Common Objective Task Book (COTB), a Supervisor Electrical On-Job Task (OJT) Book and passed an oral competency check.
- A good knowledge of aircraft servicing and Electrical engineering support equipment, with a working knowledge of the following:
- Aircraft Servicing and Support Equipment. (Electrical)
- Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications.
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
- Completed a Maintenance Human Factors Course.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries with annual reviews
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays. A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, free flu vaccines and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.