Are you highly organised with great co-ordination skills and an eye for detail? Are you passionate about working in the sustainable fisheries space?
We're looking for a Support Officer to support the day-to-day and project-related activities of the Global Accessibility team of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). The team is responsible for developing tools and mechanisms to enhance accessibility of the MSC program and standard, particularly to small-scale fisheries and fisheries in the Global South. You'll be providing project, administrative and logistical support for the Global Accessibility team and its interactions with the MSC's various stakeholders. You will need to communicate confidently and effectively within the MSC and with external stakeholders.
Who are you?
- A degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, or marine conservation and proven administrative support or project management experience.
- Previous experience in using databases and web-based forms.
- Excellent communication skills in English - a second relevant language will be advantageous.
- A strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and ability to take initiative.
- Proven organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work and engage with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures in a professional, respectful and effective manner.
Who are we?
The MSC's vision is for the world's oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our internationally-recognised certification and ecolabeling programme well-managed sustainable fisheries are recognised and rewarded in the market place, through the leadership of our partners. Critically, other fisheries are incentivised to improve their performance to meet the growing demand for certified sustainable and traceable seafood choice. Over 400 fisheries around the world, representing 14% of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme and over 1200 improvements to the way our oceans are being fished have been recorded. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
Please email the following information to recruitment(at)msc.org
A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations and right to work in the UK; and
A copy of your current CV.
31 July 2019 at 23:59 BST