Reporting to the Integrated Product Support (IPS) manager, the Supportability Engineer is responsible for product support deliverables and their updates through the development phase of the new programs.
The Supportability Engineer:
- Performs supportability, maintainability, reliability and maintenance cost analyses.
- Specifies, produces and updates the product support deliverables (including but not limited to MSG-3, Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Human Factors, Initial Provisioning (IP), Ground Support and shop tooling list, Training material).
- Performs aircraft and shop level of maintenance tasks and tooling validation (Simulated and Practical on Wing).
- Produces supportability and maintainability evaluation report such as Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) to assess the maintenance concept during the development phase of future program.
- Provides the necessary information and justification data to enable product improvement during the design concept phase.
- Interface with customers, suppliers/subcontractors with respect to LSA activities and requirements.
- Supports Research & Development (R&D) projects to enable the success and deployment of new technology into new programs as part of high competitive offering to new customers. Supports the several initiatives and digital transformation projects currently planned within the company road map.
To succeed in this role you need to be customer focused and you will be expected to demonstrate excellent problem solving, communication and team-working skills with the ability to influence others. To carry out the role effectively you will have a background in Mechanical and/or Hydraulic Systems Engineering and are likely to have an understanding of Airworthiness and working in highly regulated environment plus knowledge of aircraft component and systems operations.
Knowledge of customers and Air-framer specific requirements would be beneficial. In addition to your strong technical background ideal candidates will also have good data analysis/processing, report writing and presentation skills (typically but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
*Good knowledge of aircraft systems, structure design principals, material properties and protection schemes.
*Knowledge of Supportability aerospace standards. S1000D, S2000M, S3000L, optional S4000P and MIL-STD-1388)
*Able to compile technical documents and reports.
*Develop landing gear on-wing repair schemes.
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Knowledge of aircraft maintenance program development (MSG-3) would be beneficial.
*Proficient in the use of computer tools and use of statistical and mathematical modelling software. MS Office package, CATIA or alternative 3D CAD software are required. Basic knowledge of coding languages such as VBA or alternative to create macros and proof of concepts for digital transformation projects.
*Ability to open, interpret and use engineering drawings, models (CATIA) and process specifications for the maintenance task definition.
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com