This company is a leading service provider in the Probation and Prison market that provides I.T. systems across several projects. They won the UK's Digital Leader award for this service and the position comes at an exciting time for the company. Offering the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects relating to the market.
They are looking for talented System Analyst Developers to join the business to assist with its new IT Solution project which requires both front end and back end expertise also supporting current projects.
The ideal candidate will develop and test both existing application updates and new requirements / systems / interfaces in order to meet the needs of the Business using common Microsoft software / languages including Java, Spring Boot, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, Angular, JSF
- Ensure that the company's Vision and Values are upheld when dealing with staff/customers and third parties
- Perform Business Analysis on development / project requests
- Be involved in the full development life cycle offering input from the beginning requirements to the delivery of the completed project
- Develop new and existing systems to meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate within a team of developers in order to meet project goals
- Ensure output of work is to a high standard, fully tested and delivered within an acceptable time frame
- Proven experience in full lifecycle software development
- University Level Education
- Java Development Experience
- MSSQL/Oracle/Postgres Database Experience
- Understanding of Responsive Design
- UX design
- REST API Development (JSON/XML)
- Web frameworks (Bootstrap, Angular)
Between £25,000-£40,000 DOE, + 5% Pension allowance
free car park and flexible working also offered. Cycle to work scheme available.
Office is in Newcastle upon Tyne 2 minutes from town centre. Very good public transport links both bus and metro. Job may require moderate occasional travel to London and Southampton by train or plane.