The Systems Engineer will be joining a engineering function who manage a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
The company are looking for a Junior - Mid Level Systems Engineer to join the Project/Systems Engineering function, providing expertise to all projects through the bid and full development lifecycle. The business ensures that both project and statutory requirements are met and works to improve the effectiveness of the systems design function within the company. It is responsible for the system architecture and integration of the solution. It is responsible for design for cost and design for manufacture.
- Generate, understand, and review user requirements using DOORS.
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Support the delivery of the engineering tasks for a project, on time and on budget,
- Use plans, processes, and procedures, including work packages as required to support the execution of project milestones
- Support team effort to ensure that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Provide clear progress reports to team leaders.
- Work as part of a project team when required performing systems engineering task
- Degree 2.1(Hons) or higher in a relevant discipline
- Systems Engineering experience
- An understanding of system engineering principles.
- System Engineering lifecycle process and experience in all phases
- Requirements definition and management
- Involvement in Integration, Verification and Validation activities, including, Test Conduct and Reporting.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in the Nuclear or Energy sector.
- Experience of formal system design methodology (SysML or other)
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Requirements management using DOORs or similar tool (v9+)
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Hybrid working, advised on average 2 days onsite depending on project needs.
For full information, please get in touch!