Want to join a company a trusted and reputable company with a broad portfolio of capabilities across the Maritime domain?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Define and describe the Technical Solution during bids
- Support cost estimation
- Define and manage system and subsystem requirements
- Manage trade studies to evaluate different potential design solutions
- Contribute to the System Design, through functional and non-functional analysis
- Define the Integration, Verification and Validation strategy and manage this through the program
- Contribute to test and certification of the product
- Play a role in technical / design reviews
- Support the continuous improvement of the Systems Engineering function, including processes and tools
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Systems engineering experience in the earlier part of the product life cycle.
- Experience completing Work package responsibilities
- Must have some pre and post requirements experience collaborating with Design and SDAs
- Participated in multiple System Design Reviews
- Requirements Definition, Requirements Management and Interface Design
- Developed the System Design for multiple programs
- Aware of Algorithm Definition and Validation e.g. through use of tools like Matlab
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation activities, including Test Planning, Test Conduct and Reporting
- Systems Engineering Process Definition
- Hold Security clearance at SC level or eligibility to obtain it
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Experience in the Naval / Maritime domain would be advantageous.
- Underwater Warfare, Torpedo Defence or Acoustics (desirable)
- Able to work within an interdisciplinary team and manage the perspectives of other disciplines
- Requirements Definition and Management, including experience with a requirements management tool such as DOORs or JAMA
For full information, please get in touch: