A Vacancy has arisen within the Filton Plant for a Systems Installation Engineer. The Systems Installation Engineer responsibility is to define the best industrial sequence of work to be operated on the shop Floor, optimizing overall Spent Time by Aircraft, through planning and testing of the aircraft systems.
* During serial production by working with the design teams and operations team to best align on the most optimized solution
* Supporting lineside with any failures and issues with systems install
* Supporting testing of the systems and how to optimize these
You will be part of the Manufacturing Organization, providing ME support to a wide range of projects that could include A400M, A350 Wing, Additive Manufacturing and R&T Projects such as Wing of Tomorrow.
The Filton Plant ME team are a mixture of technical experts and project managers who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support Filton Plant work packages.
The successful candidate will join a team of Professional Engineers in the support of production through Collaborative-Design to Manufacturing, contributing to all phases of the design to ensure industrial needs are taken into account.
This exciting and varied role will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to build on your existing skills and work on the implementation of new technologies, digitization & Ethical Design for Manufacture.
* Systems integration through work order planning, from design through to operations
* Lineside support for failures with MFT (Multi-functional team)
* Create and maintain Ground Test Instructions (GTI)
* Support wider team with respect to Capex projects
* Technical and Balancing Critical path and station
* Process improvement/Spent Time reduction/Serial allocated time optimization
* Identify and share best practices across stations/CDTs/BME (Business Methods Engineer to Plants/FALs) to improve efficiency
* Manage performance:
- Propose improvement based on analysis of manufacturing performance and disruptions PARETO
- Improve Process and Serial Allocated time via VA/NVA analysis and shop floor process observation
* Understanding of aircraft product design, assembly and procedural processes, particularly wing
* Systems knowledge specifically in the areas of Hydraulics and Fuel
* Good Written, verbal and communication skills
* Good level of computer skills, preferably Google "G Suite", SAP etc
* Good level of SAP experience
* Experience in application of Export Control, Cyber Security and Health / Safety legislation into manufacture
* Experience in the use of design software Catia, 3dx etc
* Knowledge of ICY, Key Characteristics & Metrology would be advantageous
* Experience of planning within SAP
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com