Team Leader (MEP)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Team Leader (MEP) to oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the maintenance service including specifying procedures, parts, labour and the control of specialist service delivery partners. Once tasks are completed, audit to ensure that workmanship is to the required standards.
Supervise team/s of Technician or Technical Assistants (Electrical, ELV, General Trades, HVAC, Mechanical and Project).
- Assist in the development and monitoring of policies, procedures and protocols for the maintenance and repair services (including Permit to Work System and Emergency Procedures).
- Carry out risk assessments and develop Method Statements to ensure all tasks are carried out safely so as not to harm people, equipment or property in conjunction with the Management and Procurement.
- Assist in providing scope of work and provide support for the selection of Specialist Service Partners.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise in house staff, consultants and specialist service contractors providing inspection of works to ensure quality of service delivery. Report all shortfalls.
- Assist in conducting building surveys and asset collation and input into the development of the annual and 5 Year Asset Maintenance Plans, Energy Management Plans and the Condition Survey.
- Arrange and support any Insurance/3rd Party Inspections with external auditors.
- Provide a quality analysis and comment technically upon maintenance. Feedback from both in-house and specialist service partners on the quality of service and any recommended corrective actions to be taken.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including word, excel and PowerPoint. Adaptable to use company systems as required to the operations.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project an advantage
- 3 years' minimum experience working in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- Proven experience in managing maintenance team/s.
- Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems
- Must hold a degree in building services High Voltage Electrical, Low Voltage Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or recognized trade qualifications in building services maintenance or a high level of equivalent experience in a previous post.
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (Yellow Belt/Green Belt/Black Belt).
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.