Technical Assistant (Painter)
Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
We are looking for a Technical Assistant who is an experience building Painter and will ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance works across several disciplines contained in and around the facility.
The ideal candidate should be able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player. Has Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues. Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
This role is part of our Engineering and Maintenance team at Rihan Heights in Abu Dhabi
- Support the Technicians to carry out duties of the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property across several disciplines, not limited to Civil, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services.
- Identify and assist with the requisition of materials to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently and to approved standards.
- Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
- Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
- Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors
- Ensure that a clean and tidy working environment is maintained at all time by controlling tools, materials and waste products.
- Assist with specialist moves, equipment moves, and porterage duties as required.
- Assist with various types of MEP works as required.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with other trades as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a building services, maintenance and/or facilities management environment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of general maintenance services.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of primary MEP systems, building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Must hold a relevant and recognized qualification in the discipline, or equivalent.
- Vocational training certificate in Painting or Civil maintenance.
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Join Serco and be part of a values-driven organization that invests in the development and well-being of its employees and offers a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.