This role will be to provide 1st and 2nd level support for one of our UK Processing Centers in Walsall.
The function includes a variety of IT-services within all business areas split in a 2 shift pattern (morning shift 07:00 -15:00 and late shift 14:00 - 22:00) changing on a weekly basis.
Within the role you'll be required to be part of the team on-call rota whereby support for critical Incidents only is provided Out of Team Working Hours
- Provide basic to medium complexity technology support activities including off-shift support. Performs routine to moderately complex technology engineering, administration and maintenance
- Work closely with global IT Teams to solve basic to medium complexity technical incidents and problems and escalate when appropriate
- Partner with global IT Teams on basic to medium complexity technology solutions
- Perform simple to medium complexity technology changes and implementations globally
- Participate in the Technology design process globally
- Participate in disaster recovery design and execution globally
- Work as a member of a project team on global IT Projects
- Analyze potential changes and enhancements to software and hardware to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards and operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good knowledge of hardware and software technologies and best practices as well as knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Experience of Supply Chain environment
- Experience of RF & Mobile Technology, Printing & Barcode technology
- Core skillset in Desktop Support, Physical Server Support, Telephony, Network Technology, Server Room Racking and Data Cabling Standards, Asset management, Diagnostics and trouble shooting.
- Experience of supporting WMS (Warehouse Management Systems)
- Ability to analyze possible solutions to moderate complexity issues using standard procedures
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Commitment to strong customer service and accountability