Technical Manager - Intercom and Access Control
A challenging and varied opportunity awaits.....
Have you got a great attitude, want to work hard? Do you like a challenge and enjoy variety? THE ROLE
Due to recent expansion we are seeking an ambitious experienced Technical Manager with similar values, commitment and work ethic to join our winning team.
The successful applicant will need to be very hands on, committed, technically aware and be able to demonstrate strong managerial, organisational and Customer Service skills.
The TM function is a hybrid role dedicating up to 60% to taking direct responsibility for all nationwide customer technical escalations and around 40% to managing the internal technical support team to maintain and improve the quality of our internal support services we provide.
A professional and competent approach is an absolute must for this role alongside a technical product background which will facilitate building strong relationships with our B2B customer base.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will support the UK sales strategy through proactive Technical Services & Support, demonstrating excellent technical knowledge in the correct application of the full CAME BPT product range. KEY SKIILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE: Customer Service Responsibilities:
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Provide 3rd line technical support to Area Sales Managers in relation to solving customers technical problems out in the field.
- Provide professional technical representation in the market in a manner which is reflective of the Company's values.
- To take ownership of Customer problems and lead the process of dispute resolution to satisfactory conclusion for both the company and the customer.
- Investigate and settle customer complaints within Company guidelines
- Provide prompt, accurate and professionally presented technical responses when required.
- Accurately record and manage product complaint information on the company's designated system.
- Produce technical reports and site visit information based on objective information suitable for use both internally and externally.
- Take ownership of an existing technical team responsible for delivering a standard of technical support within our marketplace that is relevant to current company and customer requirements.
- Have responsibility for the performance of the local Technical Department, utilising KPI's to measure, monitor and improve.
- Remote team management while out in the field through a dedicated Technical Support Team Leader.
- To be the liaison between Customer, Technical Department and further upstream to CAME Service International, leading on all escalation issues.
- Continually look to improve the departments efficiency with the introduction of new methods of providing technical support to our varied customer base.
- Constantly ensure technical knowledge is up to date to provide accurate, timely and concise information throughout the company.
- Identify training needs and promote learning within the Technical Team.
- Continuous enhancement of all the team's technical knowledge and product awareness to support sales activity and company growth expectations.
- Measure monthly: Performance against KPIs / Activities completed / Activities planned.
- Provide and present monthly department performance and 'work in progress' reports to the Senior Management Team.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and effective dialogue with all areas of the Company, maintaining the highest professional standards at all times.
- To be successful in the role of Technical Manager you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of technical products or access systems / electro-mechanical / previous similar technical experience - Specific industry experience not necessary as full product training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Ability to collate technical information and analyse in a methodical manner.
- Ability to identify, substantiate and documented product feedback to the manufacturing HQ of perceived repeat product issues for the purpose of constant improvements.
- Experience of managing and leading a team both day and to day and remotely.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under reasonable pressure and as part of a wider team.
- Work to agreed deadlines in an organised and methodical manner.
- Advanced experience in general ICT and all MS Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate technical knowledge to colleagues and customers.
- Flexibility and willing to operate outside your normal duties and share the management team mantra of "getting the job done and doing it well!".
- Hold a full UK driving licence
To assist the successful candidate a comprehensive product training programme will be provided to achieve the desired level of product and industry knowledge. Our newly refurbished workshop and customer facing training facilities provide an excellent environment for product familiarisation and technical training. ABOUT US
CAME BPT manufacture a range of specialist products including automatic gate control equipment, intercom systems, parking management and access control equipment. Dealing directly with trade professionals and indirectly through an extensive network of Authorised Resellers and Distributors, we provide industry leading training, sales and technical support across our four branches.
We are a constantly growing, forward thinking, wholly owned subsidiary of CAME that has success and ambition at its heart. The management team has a "whatever it takes" attitude which has fuelled continued growth over the last 20 years resulting in this opportunity for a Technical Manager with similar values, commitment and work ethic to join our winning UK team.
If you seriously want to be part of a forward thinking, progressive and high achieving company culture, taking your career to the next level, we look forward to hearing from you. In addition to an excellent company culture, we are offering:
- Up to £50,000 salary per annum (dependant on experience)
- Company car
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Contributory company pension after a qualifying period
- 25 days holiday per year (excluding Bank Holidays)
The opportunity to join a market leading company in a specialist industry with potential for progression LOCATION
: Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7DX with national & international travel as required. Due to the size of the geographical area it will be necessary for regular overnight stays to ensure customers and colleagues receive a high standard of service and support. APPLICATION PROCESS
The interview process will be in two stages and both interviews will be held at our Hemel Hempstead offices.
Due to the number of responses we receive to our advertisements we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within 7 days after the closing date you may assume you have not been selected for interview this time, but you are welcome to apply for any future vacancy you feel you are suitable for.
WE DO NOT USE AGENCIES DUE TO OUR GROUP POLICY