Want to make a difference?
Are you passionate about delivering change and agile ways of working?
At Skipton Building Society we have a brilliant role as part of our exciting 'Cloud Native' journey.
- Proficient in Azure Cloud
- A Programme Manager
- An aspiring Programme Director
- Able to lead change, be agile in your thinking and approach
- Able to focus on customer and colleague with an innovative and open mind
This is a great opportunity to join our growing change and hub teams.
We're looking for a Technical Programme Manager to oversee the delivery of our 'Cloud Native' programme of work by ensuring effective delivery through ever changing technology and people. The programme of work is highly complex due to its' cross-functional nature and there is a need for ensuring a collaborative and dynamic planning approach is taken across all teams to ensure the right people, with the right skills are available at the right time. Our 'Cloud Native' programme of work is going to support colleagues and help us to serve our customers better.
You'll have exceptional stakeholder management skills, working collaboratively to influence IT, Systems Development, Operational Security, Information Security and other business colleagues to deliver value quickly and often. The role requires a strong combination of relevant technology skills paired with programme management, as well as having a background in both agile and more traditional delivery mechanisms.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Set strategic alignment across Technology, Infrastructure and any other impacted business areas
- Successfully deliver a complex programme with multiple business and technical risks
- Establish and improve delivery mechanisms to deliver the programme goals
- Initiate and shape the programme, ensuring roadmaps are achievable, realistic and viable
- Track programme goals through planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery, mentoring and coaching key stakeholders, peers and team members
- Foresee potential risks and issues, facilitate discussion and manage escalations across multiple teams
- Ability to understand the technical architecture roadmaps to be able to actively manage the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of infrastructure engineering and implementations best practices to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
What You'll Bring:
We're looking for someone who has experience with Azure Cloud and managing complex programmes. The role will see you needing to manage teams who are using both agile and traditional delivery mechanisms so there is requirement for you to have experience in both.
To be successful in this role:
- You have experience of both agile and traditional delivery mechanisms
- You can easily demonstrate your knowledge of cloud management platforms
- Possess strong decision making and prioritisation skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex interdependencies
- You'll have worked in a similar role in an MSP or software engineering environment
- Problem-solving and creative thinking aptitude
You are business and customer centric
- You are a Technical and systems thinker
- Have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence others to drive results across a matrixed organisation
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues' unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
Why Work For Us
We're committed to paying our people fairly for the role they undertake and provide a wide range of benefits to support our colleagues' finances and wellbeing, including our Employee Assistance programme, the opportunity to buy extra holidays and shopping discount vouchers. You'll be able to shape your career within your team and can expect a structured learning and development programme where you'll be valued recognised and rewarded.
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age