VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RAF Fairford, GL7 4DL
Term: Permanent, 8am-4.30pm Monday-Friday
We are looking for Technical Services Manager to join an existing team at RAF Fairford. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week and participating in an on-call rota for out of hours emergency responses. The Technical Services Manager to manage the maintenance, compliance, and small work/regeneration work of a number of USAF properties.
- Overseeing the delivery of Reactive & Programmed maintenance on the Establishment to ensure Key Performance indicators are met and tasks are completed to a standard that meets the contractual requirements
- Responsible for managing and reporting technical compliance in line with the contract mechanisms.
- Line Manage a team of Engineers and Operatives
- Responsible for ensuring that our people are trained, developed, performance managed and supported in order to meet and possibly exceed the expectations of the role, achieve their own aspirations, understand their career path and make this a great place to work.
- Providing technical support and advice as required to DIO and HoE representatives
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to both line managed teams and subcontractors being set to work
- Ensuring that all Maintenance and Billable Works activity carried out on site is conducted in accordance with JSP 375.
- Delivering Billable works (<£2.5k) as directed by Line Manager.
- Reviewing all Inspection Reports and certification raising the necessary Remedial tasking and ensuring that Statutory remedials are correctly identified and actioned on the CAFM.
- Where required providing technical supervisor signature on inspection reports, such as EICRs and mechanical plant servicing.
- Acting as an On-Call Services Manager as required.
- Provide exceptional service to our high-profile client and go the extra mile to deliver to the highest quality standard in all areas
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the industry.
- Lead team briefs, Toolbox talks and communicate technical bulletins on a monthly basis or as when required.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- Liaise with the End User (Military), DIO and members of VIVO supply chain when required.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Mechanical / Electrical qualifications (multi-skilled desirable but will consider single-trade applications) or background in facilities maintenance management in a commercial setting.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Hold an SMTS or be willing to upskill towards one.
- Demonstratable experience in managing contractors' maintenance and or construction environment.
- Must have ability to obtain 'SC' level Security Clearance
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to self-motivate
- Excellent communication skills
We offer excellent opportunities to add to your skills and develop your career. We are proud of the difference we make as an organisation and if you share our ambition to continuously improve our service, you will succeed as part of this team.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.